Hello Stefan and others,

just a short addition to your checklist:
be sure to have the latest PTFs on your machine
as I was not able to store that re-configured console setting with F7 from DST
it just came back and back again after the next IPL ...
although we followed exactly the same procedure as described below .
After some PTF installation we had our LAN card again.
(this hit me with my first V5R1 install, can't tell for V4R5)

Regards from germany, Philipp Rusch