From: Paul Nelson <p_nelson-br@pop.inil.com>
He also wants to use the old machine to hold the images of his PC hard drives
as insurance against failure on those devices. I know how to get the PC's set
up to receive commands from the 400, but here I'll show my ignorance. What
would be the command on the PC to copy everything on the C drive into the IFS
and ensure that everything gets copied? Are there things like object locks on
PC's that would prevent everything from getting copied?

Are there tools out there that could make this real simple?

===> what I would do is to use a compression program like ZIP
that would compress everything in a directory and its subdirectories
(preserving the tree structure). Then copy that single file to the AS/400
for backup. There are hidden files and system files on the PC, but
ZIP can be instructed to include these too. If you are not doing
anything else on the PC, there should be no locks (but I have
a small amount of ignorance here too).