Bob,

Look up PMR # 66778 and you will see my problem also.
I was one of the one's who started/participated in this thread.

I finally was able to fix the issue.... And probably will even post them
here along with reporting back to my contact person at
IBM software support all the steps that I needed to do to get the system
operational again.

I had 2 different CE's out here for a total of about 3 days both of them at
once all afternoon) but this was only after
talking w/ software support for nearly a week before they even sent out the
CE's to look at the machine.
And all the calls they made to their contacts up in Rochester proved for the
most part fruitless.

I am certainly not blaming the CE's that were here with me...they were just
as curious as I was as to the problem
And were willing to do anything...no matter how silly it seemed to try and
fix the situation .
And they were both very knowledgeable of the system.

But they can only go by what their contacts tell them and their prior
experience(s).
And if the person on the other end has no fix or ptf or has never heard
of the situation before then it's not anything that will be fixed in a 30
minute call or visit.

Now that I know what my problem was....it wasn't that difficult of a fix.
And part of the correct steps were provided in the upgrade booklet and on
the web...but the majority were not.

Having said that others should realize what a bear it could be (the reason
why I say could be...is because mine
May turn out to be an extreme case....but judging by all the other posts
agreeing w/ my problem...it probably is otherwise)
going from V4R5 to V5R1 on a 270
With a 2771 card and a 2745 card and that I am not the only one who had a
problem...and apparently
IBM also knew about it...but apparently has failed to document the situation
or provide a checklist to do the upgrade correctly.

I certainly hope that with the other people complaining about this situation
that IBM has made it a priority to get this solved before others
try to go to V5R1 on a 270 or compatible machine.

Regards,

Jim