James,

Have you talked with Preston at Synapse about your concerns ?

Chuck

"James W. Kilgore" wrote:

<BIG Snip>3)

<Synapse, IMO, has the best printer session emulation of the three that I use.
Well, Mochasoft relies on pure LPD/LPR and PSI always spit out five pages of
control
codes before the report would start, but I digress.  The Synapse IP client is a
solid product and generally looks good.  That reminds me of a film clip that I
have
of Bill Gates at one of his developer conferences stating: "If you can't make it
good, make it look good."  Well the folks at Synapse have tried to GUI TN5250
which
means that their product is the farthest from a true 5250 representation under
certain circumstances.  I work in a mixed world ("real" terminals and emulators
at
the same site) and I need something that looks the same everywhere.  This is not
it.  It's a small thing, but for example:  I have a popup window with a white
border, black background, green text.  The window title is in the border.  Black
letters against a white background.  With Synapse it has no border, a dark blue
title bar where you can't read the black print, gray background and lime green
text.  Also the hex codes for showing a red progress bar don't work.  Great
printer
session though. I wish I could buy it separately.>