More likely someone changed the signon display for QCTL (or QBASE -
whatever the controlling subsystem is in system value QCTLSBSD) and put it
in a library (QGPL ?) that doesn't yet exist when you are trying to reload
the system, or a library that was deleted before you IPL'd, or in QSYS but
they didn't use a SAVSYS containing it when trying to reload.
IPL in manual mode, select option to change system at IPL, work with
system values, change controlling subsystem to one you hopefully haven't
altered the signon display for (if QCTLSBSD is QCTL try QBASE, and vice
versa), and continue IPL.  When system is up fix problem with signon
display in subsystem description of what used to be your controlling
subsystem, then change QCTLSBSD sysval back and do a normal IPL.
Tip - if you make a fancy signon display file, put it in QINTER, QPGMR,
etc. but leave the controlling subsystem (therfore system console) at
IBM's default of QDSIGNON in QSYS.  If you must change the signon display
for controlling subsystem, put it in QSYS and do a SAVSYS, so you have it
available if you have to reload OS/400.

...Neil

Marc Rauzier <marc.rauzier@netcourrier.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com