Not sure if this answers the question, but ...
my question to Jim Baker at IBM:
<clip>
4) Is the SW price added to the hardware price. (to calculate the lease)

Yes it is.  There is
however an option for PartnerWorld members that may be of interest and that
is the Value Pack For Developers where for a $595 fee for 2002 you can
order IBM SW from the SW Mall for no additional fee.  You can click on the
Product Overview link to see a sample of the titles available. I am not an
expert on these offerings but here are a couple of URLs that will give you
the additional information on
the "Value Package" for obtaining SW. The Software Mall is where most of
the IBM SW resides and it is my understanding that some of the iSeries SW
resides in the HW Mall.
http://www.developer.ibm.com/welcome/softmall.html
</clip>

I looked and it has listed the WebSphere Development Tools for iSeries V5R1
(now i "think" that includes the compilers, but ibm sometimes interchanges
the
"Development Tools" and "Development Studio".
SW Mall also has all the Websphere servers, including Commerce Suite,
Payment Manager,
as well as MQ-Series and a ton of other stuff.

still trying to figure this out.
jim franz