Do you have more than one 400?  Then you might be a candidate.  It
basically allows you to create a file on one system which actually points
to another system.  You can do:  DSPPFM, DSPFFD, RPG, etc against this
file.  You cannot use Query/400.
See CRTDDMF.

Benjamin Franklin

                    "Dare"
                    <oludare@ix.netcom.       To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    com>                      cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Re: What ports does
the 400 use?
                    drange.com

                    01/11/2002 03:26 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Can someone educate me on DDM files, never use them before.  I will like to
know its detail including what it contains and how to use it.

Dare