On Friday, 01/11/2002 at 06:32 EST, "Andy Nolen-Parkhouse"
<aparkhouse@mediaone.net> wrote:
> In IBM's sales manual, I found the following feature for the 3570-B01.
> It looks like support for the C format tapes is feature code #2007 at a
> price of $700.  The same feature code and price is listed for all of the
> B models:
>
> 2007 C-FORMAT XL CARTRIDGE SUPP -  700

I think there's some confusion because of the different tapes available and
the feature code that Andy references.

If you look at the sales manual (see URL below) for the 3570 C models, it
clearly states that C-format tapes cannot be used in B models.  Next there
was an enhanced tape cartridge that was announced for the C models that
early C models required an upgrade in order to be able to use.  So, it
becomes a matter of which part number tape the customer is trying to use
and on what model 3570 and potentially does it have the 2007 feature code.

05H2462 Magstar MP Fast Access Linear Tape Cartridge, B-format
    can be used by both B & C models
08L6187 Magstar MP Fast Access Linear Tape Cartridge, C-format
    can only be used on C models
08L6663 Fast Access Linear Tape C-Format XL Data Cartridge, C-format
    only C models with FC2007

URL for sales manual:
http://www2.ibmlink.ibm.com/cgi-bin/master?xh=urrvNx5rKnarCs1USenGnN9332&request=salesmanual&parms

&xhi=salesmanual%5e&xfr=N