Steve,

The coders wanted to display the percent of available CPU used.  Their
normal algorithms are based upon an entire CPU.  If a job was using 10%
of a physical processor in a partition which was allocated 40% of that
CPU, then the job is using 25% of available CPU.  By creating artificial
usage of an additional 15%, the total used (10% + 15% = 25%) accurately
reflects how much of the available system in that partition is being
used.

I'm not familiar with the term 'processor multiple'.

Best regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse