On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 07:21, James Rich wrote:

> I wonder if there is any interest in creating such "system-level" stuff by
> us, the users, maybe under a BSD or GPL type license.  I've written a
> bunch of things that are useful.  Maybe others have something, too?  I'm
> thinking stuff along the lines of what is in libc - generic stuff.  Things
> like opendir(), atoi(), etc.  I mean header files that would expose the
> APIs more easily to RPG.
>
> James Rich
> james@eaerich.com

Hi James

I'm interested. I find I need to do more & more with IFS objects and so
far I've just used QSH commands issued from RPG/CL to handle that. It's
on my TO-DO list to learn about the APIs, but without knowing C[1] and
having enough time it's a bit tricky. Once I've got to grips with a few
examples I'd hope to be able to contribute too. Where can I get the
stuff you've already done ;-)

Regards, Martin
[1] I'm *slowly* working my way through K&R's 'The C Programming
Language' Nicely written & just about ideal for my needs - shame it
doesn't come with some free hours to learn it in :)
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net
/"\