Hello everyone

I have the following challenge/opportunity/problem ....

I have created a new command WRKQRY in a Library named: MyLib,
This command has its own CPP (MyPgm in library: MyLib)

This CPP is a CL program that has these two key statements

(1) CHGQRYA QRYTIMLMT(&NbrOfSeconds)

I have a copy of the *MSGF QCPFMSG in library: MyLib

I am trying to do the following - I do not want the user to receive the
message ID CPA4259 at all

(2) OVRMSGF QCPFMSG to MyLib/QCPFMSG

Here is the actual description of the CPA4259 message description

 Message ID . . . . . . . . . :   CPA4259

 Message file . . . . . . . . :   QCPFMSG
   Library  . . . . . . . . . :     MYLIB
 Message . . . . :   Estimated query processing time &1 exceeds limit &2
 Cause . . . . . :   The database query time limit attribute has been
specified
   by the CHGQRYA CL command.  The query time limit specified is &2
seconds. A
   database query was about to be started which was estimated to require a
   longer time to run than that allowed by the query time limit attribute.
The
   estimated time is &1 seconds.
 Recovery  . . . :   Type a C to cancel processing of this query, or type
an I
   to continue processing the query.
 Possible choices for replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :
   C -- Cancel the running of the query.
   I -- Ignore the query time limit and run the query.
 Technical description . . . . . . . . :   The following information
explains
   the type of access plan used by the query. This information is similar

More...

etc ... etc .. etc

I have modified the Message CPA4259 in library MyLib and removed the reply
options/values/defaults

If the resulting number of seconds from the Query Estimator is *LE than the
&NbrOfSeconds ... let it execute
without user intervention ...
Otherwise
Send a Display/Panel (MyDsiplay)  to the user informing that the query will
not run due to query time limitations

The problem is ... I still get the *INQUIRY message ...

How can I get around this ?

If I introduce the CHGJOB command with the DFTRPY(*YES) parameter, the
default in QSYS is Cancel the run ...

Any other ideas ?

Just a query brain teaser ....