Ok folks, I am going to submit a design change request form.  I want to
know, after I do so, who I'll have to watch out for in dark alleys.

We have individual objects on our system that are bigger than 10GB.  When
you do a DSPOBJD to an outfile the outfile returns 10 nines.  I need the
size of the field ODOBSZ increased.  Frankly, since it is a packed field,
adding one more digit would be painless, but that still wouldn't cut it -
each of these objects is 1/3 terabyte, or 12 digits.

I figure that it is better to make everyone go through a little suffering
in the short term than to have IBM add a new field and have to use SQL for
the following
SELECT ODLBNM, ODOBNM, ODOBTP, ODOBAT,
case when odobsz <> 9999999999 then odobsz else newfield end as Size,
, ODOBTX
from ROB/BIGOUT

In case you are wondering how we got such huge files on our system - We are
using Tivoli/Adstar to backup our PC's to our 400.  From there to tape.  We
do restores on a frequent basis so this works out great for us.

I am hoping that since this uses a crapload of disk, and some hefty tape
drives, on the biggest 400 in the state then maybe I'll have a little pull
with IBM.

Benjamin Franklin