Hi,

I didn't realize that there are 2 TAA commands which will easily achieve
what you are looking for.

DLYCMD is a command that wait for a delayed execution.  One of the
parameters on it specifies if you desire operations in a restricted state.
Information on this can be found at:

http://www.taatool.com/document/L_dlycmd.htm

RCLSTG2 is a better implementation of RCLSTG, providing better
documentation and a detailed history of how much was reclaimed.
Information on this can be found at:

http://www.taatool.com/document/L_rclstg2.htm

This documentation talks about the integration with DLYCMD.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    barsa@barsaconsulti
                    ng.com                    To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Re: Doing A reclaim
Storage
                    drange.com

                    01/03/02 10:53 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

You need to write a program that does a ENDSBS *ALL *IMMED, and then keeps
re-executing the command (on a 15 second wait) doing a MONMSG CPF1035
(isn't it disgusting that I knew that without looking).

When you no longer get the CPF1035, you know that the restricted state has
been achieved, and you can start the RCLSTG.

You should probably restart the controlling subsystem upon completion.

Al
Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    "MARYLOU ATWELL"
                    <MATWELL@interboros       To:
<MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    d.org>                    cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Doing A reclaim
Storage
                    midrange-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    01/03/02 10:07 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Good morning to you!   Hope all of the holidays were good for you.   My
question today is whether or not a CL program could be created to do the
reclaim storage.      I know that the system has to be in a restricted
state.   If there are any that use such a program, some hints would be
appreciated.  I have run it in the past, with me here babysitting it,
however, time would be better spent if I could just call it, and have it do
it, and bring the system back up.  Any ideas????

Thanks.

MaryLou Schoff-Atwell
IBM Certified Associate System Operator
Interboro School District