Sorry, Leif

Analogy no good...

There are roughly equivalent alternatives, which is why the iSeries loses
some customers to *nix and NT.

IBM is balancing that against the price on the 400...  Wouldn't be a problem
to IBM, except that if they lose TOO many 400s, and they don't go to pSeries
or xSeries, they lose (profits).  Plus, it just so happens that x/pSeries
don't have the margins.

But then you also have to factor in Software Group, Services Group revenues
(which are highly profitable) that they get from x/p...

jt