On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 21:28, John Earl wrote:
> Dimitri,
>
> Message description QSYS/QCPFMSG CPX2313 contains the commands
> that are executed by the System Request menu.  If you were
> replace the "SNDMSG" and "DSCJOB" strings with a string such as
> "NULLCMD" and then create a command called NULLCMD that does
> nothing, this would prevent all users from using the System
> request menu to run these commands.
>
> If you really want to limit just one group of users, you could
> try to (Warning! - I haven't actually done this myself - so test
> first.) replace the string "SNDMSG" with "SNDMSGX" and "DSCJOB"
> with "DSCJOBX", and then write shells for the "X" commands that
> called the real OS/400 commands.  You could then give your teller
> group *EXCLUDE authority tot he DSCJOBX and SNDMSGX commands.
> This allows the users to run these commands within their regular
> applications, but prevents access from the System Request menu.
>
> HTH, I could go into more detail if this explanation is too
> cryptic.
>
> jte

I've done similar with option 3 from the SysRq menu and replaced DSPJOB
with a shell cmd called WRKCURJOB. This checks if the profile has
LMTCPB(*NO) and if so runs WRKJOB (mainly to give a command line) or
just DSPJOB for LMTCPB(*PARTIAL|*YES). The validity checking in the CPP
of the cmd could be extended to do more, but it's worked fine so far.

An alternative approach that's worked, but is a bit clumsy, is to use a
dummy/altered version of a command (like John's NULLCMD above) in a
library above QSYS. This cmd's library is added to the top of the system
library list of the job (via CHGSYSLIBL - *not* the *QSYSLIBL system
value, I hasten to add) for certain users by the menu system they use.
Now, though, I think I'm going to swap this for John's *EXCLUDE method,
as that looks a lot cleaner.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net