RE: Trivia: Processor MHz

fixed

AMD hasn't succeeded in jumping this same hurdle. Their processors are
faster (in workload) than Intel processors with a higher MHz rating. But
in our simple minded marketplace where buyers compare clock speeds and
pretend that is performance, AMD is losing sales they shouldn't.

>>> I think that is why AMD went with a "performance rating system". They
could more easily say this is a 1.3 Ghz, but it is labeled as 1800+. Meaning
that it is equivalent to a P4 1.8 Ghz. And unlike Cyrix when they did that,
AMDs numbers are realistic and have been proven.

Mike