From: Walden H. Leverich [mailto:WaldenL@TechSoftInc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 3:21 PM
To: 'midrange-l@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: Visual Basic SQl statement

Actually the error isn't all that cryptic. First, I'll bet that is
-2147220985 (note the negative.) Now put that into the handy windows
calculator and convert to hex and you get FFFF FFFF 8004 0207. Ignore the
first DWORD and you get an error of 8004 0207 which is a valid COM error.
Problem is it's an error in the user domain which means you need to know who
threw the error, was it ADO, was it IBM's driver, or was it the mapping
software (I'll bet on the mapping software). Can you find a job on the
AS/400 for this connection? If so check the joblog for errors. If not try
turning on ODBC tracing and look at the trace to see how far it gets before
it blows.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President