 ...For just about everybody, IPLing when you PTF or do a new release
is sufficient...

I didn't mean to imply that I'm IPLing routinely (or eating breakfast either
<grin>), mostly just for PTFs.

Often times I'll load/apply my cum or group on friday with automatic IPL set to
*no and individual ptfs to *delayed.   Then sunday morning, I'll do my IPL, the
21 save and I am still done in <3 hours. These are little boxes so 21s are easy
and painless.

Last place I worked did IPLs every thursday morning ptfs or not. 21 saves
quarterly (and just before scheduled disaster recovery tests <GRIN>) Of course
we also did daily saves (data and user libs) and weekly saves (system &
security).  This box was huge and 21s would take about 8 hours so it was not
practical to do it more often.

Thanks!

Kevin Layne
Commercial Recovery Corp.