Nathan,

I'm REAL SURPRISED this point SLIPPED PAST YOUR EAGLE EYE...:

DO THE MATH...!

A project that take 300% longer than the original target date is NOT EVEN
considered LATE (on non-400 platforms).  In my experience, that point isn't
approached until the project slips to.. oh... somewhere around 500% past the
due date.  As you suggested, it depends on the technology the vendor is
using.  The more useless whirly-gigs are supplied, the greater that
percentage generally is.

jt