Andy,

Maybe this will help:

Work with TCP/IP Interfaces:
      172.16.0.1       255.255.0.0      ETHLIN01     *ELAN
      172.16.0.2       255.255.0.0      ETHLIN03     *ELAN

Work with TCP/IP Host Table Entries:
172.16.0.1       mybusiness1.com
                 mybusiness2.com
172.16.0.2       mybusiness3.com

In the above instance email forwarding works (to a test hotmail account I
have) for mybusiness1.com and mybusiness2.com, but not mybusiness3.com.
Below email forwarding works for all three.

Work with TCP/IP Host Table Entries:
172.16.0.1       mybusiness1.com
                 mybusiness2.com
                 mybusiness3.com

The catch is I have Qwest pointing mybusiness3.com to 172.16.0.2. (the same
as mybusiness1.com and mybusiness2.com is pointing to 172.16.0.1).  So, an
internal message will forward to the test account, but external email sent
to mybusines3.com will not resolve to 172.16.0.1.  I could make the switch
through Qwest but I will be hosting mybusiness4 and 5 soon and the host
table only allows you to have four host names per internet address.

Oh, and yes both physical lines are in the same switch.

Kyle