> For now, I am getting an error on the password for QSECOFR when trying to
>  sign on to the console (System tools).  So I will do some digging to figure
>  this one out, and press forward.

System Tools is one thing.
Main Console is another thing.

If you get too many errors on the QSECOFR password, your site will lose the
ability to use QSECOFR (it will get varied off due to security reasons & you
will need extremely good security know how to get it back on again).

However there are some functions that some people THINK are the QSECOFR
password but are really another master security function.

I think it might be helpful to the people trying to help you if we knew what
version OS400 you are on.  Once again this is stored various places, but the
place I usually go look is on any screen print on the upper left hand corner
there are some strings of numbers ... a date is one for example ... ours is
1998 which I think refers to when we installed some IBM stuff ... one of the
numbers should be in the form

V then a single digit
R then a single digit
M then a single digit

Can you find that & what is yours?

When I access system tools I use STRSST
however I would not reccommend this to a newbie
it has lots of opportunities to mess up your system really bad

400 System Tools are a whole other level of what is going on than what
Microsoft Windows calls System Tools