Your post calls for additional questions & clarifications

You say PF10 ... try to avoid having a P in front of Command Function 10
because PF means physical file ... there is risk of confusion here in future
discussion, especially from these people who either do not read all the posts
in the thread, or have flawed e-mail systems, like mine, in which we do not
get all the posts in the right sequence.

You say 21 then ENDSBS

When I do 21 I get a whole lot more.
There is a screen that lists all the stuff the backup does
There is a screen of options where I change 1/2 of the lines, then I scroll
to another screen where I change yet another line

Do you get to the screen that has options such as the type of error message
notification & if you want to disconnect *ALL PC network stuff that was
running on the 400, at least while the backup is running?

Just a confirmation ... you are doing this signed on as QSECOFR

When I do WRKJOB

I get a screen with many options
3 is an option
10 is an option
I am not at a 400 right now so I not remember exactly but it is a screen FULL
of options ... something like 15 or so of them.

If you were able to take option 10 you would get a summary of the LOG of that
job's activity, then F10 would switch to details.

Since WRKJOB menu is only giving you option 3
try CALL QCMD then F10 there

If your WRKJOB screen does not have all the stuff like option 10
then it sounds to me like some damn fool prior to your arrival here
has altered the settings for QSECOFR so that they are no longer standard IBM

Perhaps not such a damn fool ... assuming the site was properly documented,
it may be that QSECOFR was altered to prevent unauthorized users from doing
QSECOFR standard functions, so you need to find those documents.

I think you need to do a WRKUSRPRF *ALL to find out if any other sign ons are
available that have Master Security Officer functionality.

> Here's the sequence I followed:
>     GO SAVE
>     21
>     Screen ENDSBS End Subsystem, just hit ENTER
>     Immediate failure with message "Error occured with the option", and "21"
>  displayed on the
>           command line
>     WRKJOB
>     10
>     Screen shows only 3>>WRKJOB      and the "bottom" indicator at the
bottom
>  of the screen.

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire