OK, let me summarize what I've seen so far and provide my feelings about it.
I'm not trying to be a pain and I am stirring the pot somewhat, but IMHO
I've not seen a compelling reason to use the IXS yet.

1) Ability to replace "system" drive from remote site by moving new image
from AS/400 to AS/400. -- OK, I'll give you that one, interesting idea.

2) Ability to do AS/400 side save/restore. -- Last I knew the only
save/restore you could do from the AS/400 side of an integrated server was a
save/restore of the entire drive image, the same ideas as SAV/RSTSTG. There
is no way, AFAIK, to save/restore individual objects in the windows space,
no?

3) Remote reboot. -- I'll assume you mean when the remote machine is hung so
we'll rule out the simple administrative methods. While the integrated
server would provide that option so would a $400 powerstrip from APC that
allows me via SMNP, HTTP and telnet to power on and off outlets on the
strip.

4) Password sync -- Available w/o integrated servers

5) Management -- I'd use MS's tools over ops nav to manage my pcs, no? Who
do you think has better access to the server internals? Distribute disk --
ok fair, but you still need to do a lot on the W2K server too, no? W2K
doesn't just magically say "oh my more disk!" and go off and use it. So why
is it easier?

6) Management central -- I guess I can't comment until someone tells me what
I can do via MC to my W2K box.

7) User Policies -- The old .pol policies are dead in W2K in favor of group
policies so I don't think you'd gain anything there.

8) Data exchange doesn't go over the network -- SO?

9) No additional hardware -- Huh? Isn't the integrated server additional
hardware?

10) 24x7 maintenance -- Again huh? How does running W2K in an iSeries enable
that?

11) Software deployment -- ok, by can't you do the same w/o integrated
servers?

12) Get a SAN for W2K w/o SAN (Shark) knowledge. Maybe, but you'd have to
understand SANs from the W2K side anyway, no?

Walden H Leverich III
President
Tech Software
(516)627-3800 x11