Richard,

Most modern email systems will let you create folders.  And then create
rules that will automatically file stuff in those folders.

So set up a folder for Midrange-L and a rule to put everything from
Midrange into this folder.  Now subscribe in single message mode.

You wont "see" messages till you actually go look.  And you can
probably sort by subject.  This way, you can blast entire threads in
one fell swoop.

Plus, you wont have to wade thru the digest junk.

I find that even when you ignore midrange for a week, I can go the
several thousand messages in a very short time just cleaning out the
chaff (of which there is a lot).  Then actually read the ones that
might be interesting.

But I do agree that some posts are a bit excessive.  But in my old age,
I have just learned to be very quick with the delete key and not worry
about it.  And in single message mode, it works well.

Bob

<snip>

<flame suit=asbestos fuel=napalm degrees=1200f>

Come on guys,

how many one line replys to a 1000 line email are you going to post?

I just got my 30th DIGEST of the day from midrange-l.  It had 7
messages, 3
of which dominated 90% of the digest.