This works
file:///c:/qtemp/a1.txt
this works
file://Gdsnt/Downtime/downdate.doc
this works

This works from a browser but not from a green screen
file://gdisys/bubba/bubba.mbr
Actually, I had to do some funny stuff on my PC - but it will fire up
CODE/400.  Email a link to your coworkers to work on a source member - that
sort of rot.
The error I get on my PC is:  Error in url.dll  Missing
entry:fileprotocolhandler

I have a NetServer share set up to QDLS and to the file BUBBA in the
library ROB in the directory qsys.lib

Benjamin Franklin

                    "Robin Coles"
                    <robin@ringbase.com       To:     <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    >                         cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Client Access URL
Hotspot and files
                    drange.com

                    12/18/2001 06:47 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

We're playing around with the Client Access URL hotspots, and I'd like
to be able to add a URL that points to a file on the IFS.

In the browser I can key file://\\qgbcgsh01\qdls\credit\elapse.csv and
it cheerfully launches Excel with the file loaded.  I'd like to be able
to do this from an AS/400 screen.

I can put a http:// url on an AS/400 screen, and that works fine.
Clicking once on that launches the browser with the page loaded.  Single
clicking on the file:// url causes CA to think for a moment, changing
the mouse pointer to an hourglass then back to normal.  It hasn't
launched the browser.

Has anyone got this to work?  I'm on CA 5.1.

Cheers
Robin