Al,

I see what you're saying, I thin'...;-)

This has been my experience, as well.  In fact, I had the identical
situation to your's, regarding the paper supply.  (Was it in the late 80's?
There was some problem and all the big paper suppliers faced shortages, at
some point in my foggy memory...;-)

I believe your points about reliability and infrastructure are right on
target.

But I'm not sure if you see that one of the biggest parts of this
infrastructure is the customer-base of the products.  In the case of the
paper shortage and media conversion problems, it is this ***infrastructure
of users*** which actually ended up saving the day...

j "day late and a dollar short-so may not post anymore today" t

(ROFL...!)