Andy,

The 250-#2296 will provide approximately the same interactive CPW as the
400-#2131, with addition batch.  The downside of this choice is that
you're committing them to staying 'very traditional' and leaving them
without an upgrade path.  I would suggest having a vendor price out a
low-end 270 and a 250 with equivalent capacities, then compare the
prices against the need for an upgrade path.  Some of the 270's will
come with a base interactive capacity which will be the same as what
they currently have, others will require an interactive capacity
feature.

If they would prefer the used market, there should be a number of 170's
there which would equal their current platform.

What is 'ideal' would depend on whether they will see growth in their
processing requirements and if they might stop being so 'traditional'.

Are they replacing their system because they need more capacity?

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

> Hi all
>
> I have a client who is about to replace his Model 400 #2131 running
V4.3