I agree, once again.

I just favor a 2-tier as opposed to a 3-tier.  Doesn't seem to be that much
of a difference, in a way.  (Only a 150% increase in tiers...;-)  But each
added tier, in my blue-sky estimate, quadruples problems and increases
admin/support costs "x" dollars.

My preference would be a 1-tier system, but I don't see OS/400 on the
desktop, anytime soon...

I would also agree that "there will be a higher rather than lower percentage
of 400's being used as pure server machines (as opposed to all-in-one
processors) as time goes on, and this, in my mind, is the best use of the
machine."   But I think this is a trend that has been going on, for a while,
as green-screen customers leave the platform, Domino and pure Webserver
customers join the ranks.  I don't know whether there are many, if any,
*new* green-screen accounts coming to OS/400 (but am doubtful).  One reason
I'd like to see some e3000 customers get converted to iSeries.

But as far as security, I'm just not sure the 400 can maintain a level of
security and, at the same time, provide unattended access to secured data.

jt