One way to try to print the contents of that physical file is a simple CPYF
OUTPUT(*PRINT).  You'll probably notice a loss of all formatting.  Another
thing you'll notice is that blank lines are gone.

There are other options on the CPYSPLF which will store the SKIP's and
SPACE information at the far left of the records.  But then you'll have to
write something to reformat that.  Again, if you are using overlays or
anything, you may find this less than desirable.

One radical idea is to set up Domino on that 400.  Then set up a mail user
and use one of the many utilities out there - like IBM's infoprint server,
to email that user the spool file as an attachment.  The better ones will
retain the overlays, etc.  You can call this your spool file archive.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    "Dare"
                    <oludare@ix.netcom.       To:     <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    com>                      cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     CPYSPLF
                    drange.com

                    12/13/2001 05:11 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Guys,

What is the consequence of the following command on V4R5M0.  SPLFOUTF is a
physical file (data type) and record lenght is 144.  Will I be able to
print my reports from SPLFOUTF? How?

CPYSPLF FILE(QPRTSPLF) TOFILE(SPLFOUTF)