You'll have to format most anything for this specific requirement.  I just
so happened to need the very same process for Emails.  I ended up using a
service program to retrieve a couple of system values, QUTCOFFSET &
QDAYOFWEEK.

- Xlated the day of the week into mixed case.
- Used a Timestamp field for date time info w/ an array for abbreviated
month name.
- Appended all together for your desired result.

Here's some code snippets:
Date Format Code
d UtRtvSysv       PR          2102
d  p_SysVal                     10

d Mos             S              3A   Dim(12) Perrcd(1) CTDATA
d FmtDate         S             30A
d WHrsGMT         S              6A
d SysValTbl       DS
d  SysValue                     10
d  SysValType                    1
d  SysValSts                     1
d  SysValLen                    10i 0
d  SysValChrDta               2080a
d   SysValBinDta                10i 0 Overlay(SysValChrDta)

d RtnSysVals      ds
d  NbrRtnVals                   10i 0 Inz(1)
d  OffSysVals                   10i 0
d  SysValsRtn                 2094

d                 DS
d TimeStamp                       Z   Inz(*Sys)
d  QYear                         4    OVERLAY(TimeStamp)
d  QMonth                        2  0 OVERLAY(TimeStamp : 6)
d  QDay                          2    OVERLAY(TimeStamp : 9)
d  QHour                         2    OVERLAY(TimeStamp : 12)
d  QMinute                       2    OVERLAY(TimeStamp : 15)
d  QSecond                       2    OVERLAY(TimeStamp : 18)
d  QMilli                        3    OVERLAY(TimeStamp : 21)

c                   Eval      SysValue = 'QUTCOFFSET'
c                   Eval      RtnSysVals = UtRtvSysv ( SysValue )
c                   Eval      SysValTbl = %Subst(SysValsRtn : (OffSysVals
c                                       - (%Size(OffSysVals) + 3)))
c                   EvalR     WHrsGMT = %Subst(SysValChrDta: 1 : SysValLen)
c                   Eval      SysValue = 'QDAYOFWEEK'
c                   Eval      RtnSysVals = UtRtvSysv ( SysValue )
c                   Eval      SysValTbl = %Subst(SysValsRtn : (OffSysVals
c                                       - (%Size(OffSysVals) + 3)))
c                   Eval      PDoW = SysValChrDta
c                   Time                    TimeStamp
c                   Eval      WDow = %Subst(PDoW : 2)
c     Up:Lo         XLATE     WDow:2        WDow

c                   Eval      FmtDate = WDow + ', ' + QDay + ' '
c                                     + Mos(Qmonth) + ' ' + QYear + ' '
c                                     + QHour + ':' + QMinute + ':'
c                                     + QSecond + ' ' WHrsGMT

** CTDATA MOS
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec

====================
Retrieve System Value Service Program
d UtRtvSysv       PR          2102
d  p_SysVal                     10

P UtRtvSysv       B                   Export
d UtRtvSysv       PI          2102
d  p_SysVal                     10

d QWCRSVAL        PR                  ExtPgm('QWCRSVAL')
d  p_Rcvr                             Like(RtnSysVals)
d  p_RcvrLngth                        Like(RcvrLngth)
d  p_NbrToRtv                         Like(NbrToRtv)
d  p_SysVal                     10
d  p_Error                            Like(Qusec)

d RcvrLngth       s             10i 0 Inz(%Size(RtnSysVals))
d NbrToRtv        s             10i 0 Inz(1)

d RtnSysVals      ds
d  NbrRtnVals                   10i 0 Inz(1)
d  OffSysVals                   10i 0 Inz(%Size(p_SysVal))
d  SysValsRtn                 2094

 /Copy Qsysinc/Qrpglesrc,Qusec
d  QusErrmsgDta                240

c                   Reset                   Qusec
c                   CallP     QWCRSVAL(RtnSysVals :
c                                      RcvrLngth  :
c                                      NbrToRtv   :
c                                      p_SysVal   :
c                                      Qusec)
c                   Return    RtnSysVals
P                 E

Sorry not much for error handling,... HTH.

Regards,
Jon A. Erickson
Sr. Programmer Analyst
800.COM Inc.