Rob,

I rarely find anything to disagree with, in your posts...

But in this case, I'm surprised.  If you find the DATA(*YES) to be pesky,
I'd think you'd find this:

'/qsys.lib/mylib.lib/myobj.pgm' '/qsys.lib/newlib.lib'

to be peskier than this:

MYOBJ   MYLIB   *PGM    NEWLIB

Granted the keywords make the CRTDUPOBJ about as long a string, but I don't
use them on this particular command, myself, plus I rarely have any trouble
with them (after prompting).

jt

| |
| |
| | David,
| |
| | Personal preference strikes me as a good enough reason.  Perhaps also a
| | bit of showboating.  Both CPY and CRTDUPOBJ will achieve the same
| | result.
| |
| | Regards,
| | Andy Nolen-Parkhouse