From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Brad Jensen
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 12:21 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: CD Burning software?

David, I have a device that does this - it plugs in as a tape
drive so it still need a tape interface, but no tape drive.

And it doesn't use LODRUN - my guys think that program is a
security breach

you savlib or savobj to it - including multiple libs orobject -
when you do an unload tape it takes what you have sent and writes
a CD from it, and you can rstlib or rstobj from the CD drive on a
AS/400, and it works greet . Computer Associates uses three of
them

$4995 is the price and it includes the hardware and software, you
have to provide the correct IBM tape drive cable.

I doubt you will ever see mastering software on the AS/400 itself,
it is too time critical a project (although I have just seen CD
drives that say there are underrun proof.)