Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin
----- Forwarded by Rob Berendt/DEKKO on 12/07/2001 01:01 PM -----

                    "Larry
                    Youngren"            To:     rob@dekko.com
                    <youngren@us.i       cc:
                    bm.com>              Fax to:
                                         Subject:     Re: How long to
initialize disk?
                    12/07/2001
                    12:45 PM

Hope this helps.

  IBMUSM07(youngren)
  Dept. 47U/ 030-2/ Rochester, MN
  Ph 507-253-3600  TieLine 8-553-3600
  VM: RCHVMX2(Youngren)
  Lotus Notes: Larry Youngren/Rochester/IBM
  Internet: youngren@us.ibm.com
---------------------- Forwarded by Larry Youngren/Rochester/IBM on
12/07/2001 11:30 AM ---------------------------

From: Glen Nelson on 12/07/2001 11:19 AM

To:   Larry Youngren/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS
cc:   Tom Crowley/Rochester/IBM

From: Glen Nelson/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS
Subject:  Re: How long to initialize disk?

The general rule of thumb is take the largest drive size (in this case 8G
or 17G) and  use the range of 7 minutes to 15 minutes per G.   Since only
64 units are processed at one time  take the number of units / 64 ( add 1
if there is a remainder) and multiply.   These number are estimates only.
Adds can be done during normal operations so this does not have to be down
time.

So in this example of 75 units

(8*7)*2     -    (8*15)*2
 112          -      240