Hi Greg,

I tend to agree with you i.r.o. the customer being able to MIGRATE their
application to UNIX (NOT upgrade!!:)  ). But, if it comes down to allowing
them to change platform merely because we allow them to, for whatever reason,
why should we? We all know that it is more expensive to recover a customer
than it is to keep one. Why can we not provide the customer with the info,
followed up with a bit of co-ersion (spelt badgering) to keep them on the
right track? No reflection on you, but I think it often comes down to
relinquishing a customer to an opposition platform rather than exert the
effort to keep him/her on our platform, before we see a competitive BP take
over that customer. I think it is high time that IBM starts providing some
sort protection i.t.o. initial sale,(or whatever you may call it). In certain
cases, we are all fighting for the same slice of the pie. It is only those who
are doing 'cold canvassing' that are not threatened by the opposition. Then
again, cold-canvassing takes up on helluva lot of funds and IBM does NOT
reciprocate!!!

Do you agree?

Cheers.

Jan.