Richard,

One of the programs in the WyattERP project, that is freely available, builds a
CL variable for your QRYSLT value.  This reduces your need to count quote marks
and the frustration of debugging these trivial kind of things.

The program to use is $QRYSLT2 which is a component of a RUNQRY record selection
act alike.

To see how it is used, connect to the netshare400 site at 63.167.147.10 and log
on as wyatterp (pw: wyatterp) and chose option 10 (WRKMBRPDM) to allow you
access to the source library.  Position to, and look at, ITEMLST1 starting at
line 114 which does a series of comparing parameters to blank or zero, and if
not, does a call to $QRYSLT2 to build the QRYSLT string.

hth