Thanks Pat, this is perfect. The person who raised this question with me is
one of our LAN support guys (the 400 and the locally attached printer are
in another state). I mentioned looking at the list of customisation
objects, but he wasn't very happy with this answer. Oh well, what can you
do?

Thanks

Adam

                    Pat Barber
                    <mboceanside@worldne       To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    t.att.net>                 cc:
                    Sent by:                   Subject:     Re: List of iSeries
supported printers
                    midrange-l-admin@mid
                    range.com

                    29/11/01 03:09 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

This is NOT a "official" list but it's proably the closest you will
come to the subject you are working on:

http://www.as400service.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/acf2ee1e9d64b16e8625680b00020389/b44a2cf4ba778d83862568250053649f?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=35#_Section1

This list does NOT cover all past and present IBM printers or other
vendors
who manufacture printers that all work fine on the 400....

I seriously doubt such a complete list has ever been compiled...

The "official" list of supported printer with custom objects is of
course accessed on the the system by doing a RTVWSCST *transform which
will show the complete list of printer objects that you can change....
or use "as is"....

A search of the Support Line Data Base came up with 27 hits on 198
print positions in various situations. The first thing to look at
in somthing like this, "Is this printer capable of printing 198 ?"
and if so, will it even be readable ??? Most InkJet printers are
a narrow carriage and normally only support 80cpi with most common
fonts. To get 198cpi on a 8"x10" piece of paper, you are looking at
a 27 pitch font which is "real small"....... Since that printer is
not capable of switching to landscape, yours options are very limited.

As a general rule, I recommend HP or Lexmark printers to all of my
customers who want the "cheaper" printers. Lexmark will come closer
to having the features you need for connections than most other
companies.... This is just my personal favorites, but there are others.

Adam_Driver@kaz.com.au wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a list of iSeries supported printers.
By