Yes and no.  There's a PTF that will add a stream file code page parameter
to the command that will allow ascii translation when you create the
destination file.  Otherwise you'll need to create the destination file on
the PC side first and then replace it when you do the real copy.  Once the
file exists, the translation will go just fine.  When we went from v4r3 to
v4r5, the PTF got wiped out after lasting through a couple of previous OS
versions and we had to fix a bunch of programs fast till we could get v4r5
flavor.