Chris,

Good idea, and if Jan won't start, allow me... I'm one of the arrogant SOBs
around here (cases in point SMTP and ODBC(Green Screen) topics), hell it's
even arrogant of me to say that I'm one of the arrogant ones <G>. Have I had
"heated" discussions with some people[1] on this list, of course. Would I
again, you bet. Are my views always right, absolutely not. Have I had some
misconceptions of mine changed here, you bet. Have I agreed to disagree with
others at times, yup.

I have certain ideas and points of view, how am I to learn and grow if these
ideas aren't challenged. I love this group because my ides and points of
view aren't always in sync with those of the group and it's a learning
experience to have discussions about these ideas for all parties, myself
included. I don't think any of use have ever resorted to personal
attacks[2], and I hope none of us ever do.

Next time you're worried about recommending this list because of some of the
arrogant BS that's flung around here ask yourself, and your client this:
Would you rather have a list of lemmings, usually driven by the vendor,
saying nothing but all the great things about a product or a list of people
that love the platform having (usually) well informed discussions about a
product where there are differing ideas and points of view. This is a
machine where there is often more that one "right" way to do something and
these discussions allow us to explore all of them.

Just my (arrogant) 2 cents worth! <BG>

-Walden

[1] Joe, raise your hand here! <G>
[2] Well, except for Joe's ugly tie color.

Walden H Leverich III
President
Tech Software
(516)627-3800 x11