I agree, Neil.

And ya know...?  There's an old saying that "There aren't any dumb
questions...  Only dumb answers..."

I actually believe that...  (Although I've pushed the envelope on some of my
questions.. For example: "Does the ENDOSAMA cmd stand for End OS Annual
Maintenance Agreement"...  Whew...!  THAT one sure pushed the envelope...;-)

Some folks obviously think it's a dumb question for me to ask the following:
Is there something the iNation can do to help preserve the outstanding
legacy of the 38/400/i platform?!?  Given the current conditions in the
market, and in IBM...?

It IS a dumb question, in a sense..  Because it's a question that has no
single best answer...  But my experience is that these kind of "dumb
questions" sometimes get modified, and a good question results.  I've seen
this frequently, in looking at different techniques to code programs, for
example.  A technique that **won't even compile** is modified, sometimes
leading to a completely different technique, which then works like a
champ...

I wish I could say: I think my question about the iNation would be a similar
case in point...  But there's no way of knowing, for sure...

jt