>However, if a
>program was already open and calling a procedure at the time a service
>program gets replaced with a new version, the calling program
>will get a
>pointer error when it tries to call the same procedure again.
>Once that
>calling program is shut down, of course, and is re-invoked, it
>then finds
>the new version of the service program just fine.

Okay, I haven't run in to this.  I assumed the *ActGrp would have a copy of
the *SRVPGM modules.

>Are you saying you delete and re-enter the service program in
>your binding
>directory each time you modify it?

Usually 'No'.  If the modification is to an existing *MODULE in the *SRVPGM,
then I just run UPDSRVPGM.  If I am adding a *MODULE, then yes I would,
although in these cases I usually make a new *SRVPGM for the new module and
leave the old one as is.  I know this can be simplified through Binder
Source, but I haven't learned it yet.

Joel R. Cochran
Director of Internet Services
VamaNet.com