Well, I disagree with your assertation for several reasons, but these two are
the
biggest.

In a client/server environment (be it message based or shared memory, or any
one of a
dozen other strategies...) you have moved processing logic into the client
part, and that
part is just as likely to be in error as a server module that does the same
logic. In other words,
moving the logic doesn't make it correct.

Secondly, even if *most* of the programs in a client/server environement would
be
correct, either through an insensitivity to dates like you mention, or because
of some
other reason, you don't *know* that until you *examine* them. In short, you
haven't
really avoided any work, and in many cases, you have made it more difficult,
since Client/Server
programs often escape the scrutiny given to host based programs in terms of
standards and
testing.

There are several other reasons that could come into play, not the least of
which is that several
systems were remediated with a windowing date system. That can cause havoc if
you have to
do long term extensions. The business I work in routinely does 100 year time
series projections,
and client/server fixes are much more difficult than pure server based fixes.

-Paul