Brad,

This is my understanding of SOAP and FDDI, also.

What I question is the wisdom of having something like an online calendar as
a web-based service, in the first place.

I've seen a lot of examples like this, but just can't quite seem to see the
logic of transferring data like this over the web.  Seems to make more
sense, to me, to transfer the code over the web once.

Web-services are definitely here to stay.  I'm not saying that's all-bad,
either...  But unless there is some economically sound approach, it's just
end up as complicated as Winblows, be as widely used as Winblows, and
ultimately, as effective as Winblows.  JMHO.

jt