"The LANSA product set enables very rapid deployment,
especially when the need arises to link an
existing LANSA application into newer technologies
such as a mobile phone. If the application had been
developed with VisualAge for Java and WebSphere
and other assorted development products, you
would have to redevelop complete portions of the
application to support new technologies. With
LANSA, you can regenerate as soon as you receive
an updated development environment."

"Companies are learning that host-based
solutions are more manageable and economical
than distributed solutions. Here again, the LANSA
product set offers a substantial advantage, primarily
because of the centralized Object Repository."

"LANSA for the Web is
directly linked into the Object Repository so that
data integrity is never exposed and full security can
be maintained. The combination of LANSA and the
AS/400e platform provides a truly secure system."

"Your real LANSA productivity gains are realized when
you need to leverage new technology. For instance,
customers who had already developed LANSA for the
Web applications are now finding they can implement
and support Web interfaces on palmtop devices with
almost no new development at all. With the latest
LANSA release, all they need to do is regenerate their
applications with different options."

"In fact, because
the RPG is not used to define the LANSA rules-and
AS/400 optimization is all done on the generated code
itself-a LANSA-built application can be easily ported
to other platforms if it ever becomes necessary or
desirable. Once the LANSA Object Repository is moved
to the new platform, all you need to do is regenerate
the application, all without touching the source code."

These are quotes from an independent report you co-authored last year,
published by your employer, entitled "LANSA: Fast Track to E-Business
Development Success".  I thought perhaps the quotes might help present a
more complete picture of your views.  I especially like the bit about being
able to move off the AS/400.  Not particularly germane for those of us
trying to keep the platform viable, but certainly a great selling point.

LANSA liked the report enough to make it available for free on their site:

http://www.lansa.com/downloads/reports/andrews.pdf

It's the only independent report so honored.

Joe Pluta
www.plutabrothers.com
Applying Tomorrow's Architectures to Today's Applications