Walden, thank you for bringing up this point.  I like to think of stored
procedures as a different animal than raw ODBC.  Stored procedures
definitely provide a layer of insulation between the client and the host,
and that's one of the main benefits of client/server programming.  And given
it's standard nature, I think ODBC/SP (my personal acronym for ODBC calls to
stored procedures) is a valid technique, especially for query applications
and simpler transactions.

ODBC/SP is a little cumbersome when trying to send a large amount of data TO
the stored procedure, but beyond that concern, I definitely put it in a
different category than raw SQL statements passed via SQL.

Again, thanks for making the distinction.

Joe Pluta
www.plutabrothers.com