Hi Tom,
Yes, Im trying to determine the host name or the host IP address.

 Jose:

 On Mon, 05 November 2001, "JOSE L.CHACON M." wrote:

  I must create a IP address monitor program (CL), for two o more AS/400.
  The problem is that Im working with shared IPs and I need to identify  the
box owner of the address, I already try with the PING but theres not enough
info.

  How can identify the owner(box) of an shared IP address?

 Can you clear up a question? Are you trying to determine what host name is
associated with the IP address?

 Tom Liotta

 --
 Tom Liotta