Scott,

You work for an enlightened employer, and I hope you appreciate how lucky
you are.  If we ever hire anyone (big if, due to risk of employees taking
legal actions against employers), I think we'll adopt the same approach.

Are you into collaborative programming?  As it turns out, I've used a "new"
concept called "Extreme programming" (http://www.xprogramming.com/index.htm)
since the late 80's.

<I have just learned of the plane crash, and the 170 pt. drop in the stock
market.  I was in the middle of an extremely intense project of working 12 -
18 hour days, on 9-11.  I have found that sometimes it's best to absorb
these kinds of events ~~~SLOWLY~~~.  Do as President Bush has suggested...
keep a vigilante eye, but continue on with life.>

To continue...  I can ASSURE you that collaborative programming DOES work.
I resorted to it because my shop faced the situation of both extremely tough
demands, and limited experience.  In the 90's, as our experience rose, and
our personnel shrank, I had to lean more towards the traditional model of
programming.

So let me know off-list, Scott, if you're interested in discussing a
collaboration.  My primary interest is in working on the methodology of this
process, rather than any particular project.

jt

"Have a GREAT day...!  And a BETTER ONE TOMORROW~~~:-)" (sm)