From: David.X.Kahn@gsk.com [mailto:David.X.Kahn@gsk.com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 3:42 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Batch-interactive (was Re: Undoing Fast400 (Re: Tiger Tools
) )

Tom wrote:

> I'm including a trivial example in CL just to demonstrate
> batch/workstation capability.
  <snip>
> Using RPG, examine op-codes such as ACQ and REL.

Nice one Tom. I have to say the mischief potential occurred to me
immediately. :-))

OK here's a version that demonstrates input of data. I've renamed the
display file ABCFM. (Because that's what I had already lying around.) I
think James's problem was not removing the WAIT(*NO) from the SNDRCVF. This
works fine either interactively or in batch. However, I still can't get an
RPG version to work in batch using a WORKSTN file and ACQ and REL.
Interactively, yes; but in batch it fails on the OPEN.

Of course it looks as though it's dead in the water as a CFINT killer as
Leif tells us the 5250 bit is still set.

*************** Beginning of data ************************************
A                                      DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)
A                                      CF03(03 'Command 3')
A          R FORM01
A                                  5  9'Enter some data . . . . . .:'
A            IFLD          10A  I  5 38
A                                  8  9'Last entered was. . . . . .:'
A            OFLD          10A  O  8 38
A                                 23  3'F03=End'
A                                      COLOR(BLU)
****************** End of data ***************************************

*************** Beginning of data ************************
ACQBCH: PGM        PARM(&DEV)

         DCL        VAR(&DEV) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

         DCLF       abcfm

         OVRDSPF    abcfm    DEV(&DEV)

sndrcv:
         SNDRCVF    RCDFMT(FORM01)
         MONMSG     MSGID(CPF4128) EXEC(DO)
         SNDPGMMSG  MSGID(CPF9898) MSGF(QCPFMSG) +
            MSGDTA('Device is in use or not varied on') +
            MSGTYPE(*COMP)
         RETURN
         ENDDO

         If &in03 return
         chgvar &ofld &ifld
         goto sndrcv

         RETURN
         ENDPGM

Dave...

"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow." - Oscar Wilde