Dang...I did drop that acronym didn't I?  Enterprise Application
Integration.  A fancy term for the architecture, plans, methods, and tools
aimed at modernizing, consolidating, and coordinating the computer
applications in an enterprise (I didn't make that one up....but I can't
remember where I got if from).  If you think of it we have all of these
existing legacy applications and databases and we want to continue to use
them while adding or migrating to a new set of applications that exploit
the Internet, e-commerce, extranet, and all these other great new
technologies.   This can range from simplistic to complicated.....

Now, this is just my opinion but I am looking at B2B as really two issues:
1.)  How do I get the data to our customers, suppliers, and marketplaces
and 2.) how do I integrate this into my legacy applications (no offense to
anyone).

There are certain aspects of Connetc for iSeries that are really cool.
There is a whitepaper on the site that gives a pretty good idea of what the
product does.  Again, no plug but it does get the thought processes moving.

Connect for iSeries

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/btob/connect/pdf/whtpaperv11.pdf

Cyclone

http://64.225.79.8/pdf/data-sheet/ent-std.pdf

Sterling Commerce

http://www.sterlingcommerce.com/solutions/products/ebi/integrator/pdfs/Integrator_08-22.pdf

Michael Crump
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

mailto:mike.crump@saint-gobain.com

                    jt <jt@ee.net>
                                         To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    11/09/01 09:44       cc:
                    AM                   Subject:     RE: UDDI, Web Services
and the 400 ?
                    Please respond
                    to midrange-l

Mike,

Thanks for the overview and, especially, the list of product offerings that
are out there.

What's "EAI"...?

James Jay Toran (jjt)
Columbus, OH  USA
E-mail:  jt@ee.net

"Have a GREAT day...!  And a BETTER ONE TOMORROW~~~:-)" (sm)

TrailBlazer,