From: "Don" <dr2@cssas400.com>
> The NON-IBM world is of the mentality that if they buy
> a machine that runs at 1.7ghz that they should be able to use
> ALL OF IT FOR THEIR APPLICATIONS...NOT have some
> bullshit cycle killer like CFINTxx come in and creat a forced
> cap on performance.

I tend to agree that CFINT must be a public relations nightmare for IBM and
its Business Partners.  The idea of a program that does little more than
burn cycles sounds like a virus.  No wonder people get offended.

Maybe the way to solve this negative perception is to remove the governor,
and license "Interactive Features" (the software) separately from OS/400.
Base the Interactive Features price on the number of active sessions the
software must support.  IBM may get the same revenue while avoiding the
consequences of installing a program that acts like a virus.

Of course, that may not solve the problem of iSeries poor price/performance
perception.

Nathan M. Andelin
www.relational-data.com