From: Peter Dow [mailto:pcdow@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 11:41 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: SMTP DNS problem

Hi Chris,

Yes, the only default route points to the WebRamp box we're using for an
internet router.  The WebRamp is basically a router with a built-in 56kb
modem that dials on demand.  It's configurable as to what is allowed in or
out, and allows one computer on the LAN side to be the "visible" or DMZ
computer.

No, the WebRamp does not allow the IP address of the AS400 to go out to the
internet.  However, it is set up so that the AS400 is the "visible"
computer, so any request sent to the IP address of the WebRamp is routed
directly to the AS400.

For example, I can Telnet directly to it, I can FTP from the AS400 to my PC,
and vice versa, etc.

CHGTCPDMN points to two DNS's at the ISP (Keyway).  NSLOOKUP works, so there
again it is getting to the ISP and getting replies.

Am I providing enough info?

Thanks for responding!

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.